Greentech Apps Foundation is immensely grateful for allowing us to communicate with you. The reason for this notice is so that Greentech Apps Foundation can comply with the law on data protection and in so doing assure you that the personal information that you have provided to us is dealt with properly and securely and so that you know how to seek a remedy if you are not satisfied with our use of your information. Greentech Apps Foundation is a Data Controller and is a joint data controller in respect of the information that you have provided to us in order to enable us to process your donation. This means that Greentech Apps Foundation is responsible for the proper use and safe custody of your personal information.
If you have any concerns or complaints with regard to the processing of the personal information that you have provided to us you can contact Data Protection, at the following address: 20 Lilac Court, Cambridge, CB1 7AY, United Kingdom or by e-mail to: email@example.com Greentech Apps Foundation does not have a statutory Data Protection Officer and it is not required to have one.
Purposes of Processing and Retention Period
Greentech Apps Foundation has obtained from you some personal information today. This information is sufficient to identify you and to enable to communicate with you by the means that you have elected (such as email) and for the specified purposes (such as keeping up to date with Greentech Apps Foundation’s work). Since you have elected to receive further information from Greentech Apps Foundation, such as our newsletter, then we have to retain contact information, including your identity and contact details, for as long as you wish to continue to receive information from us. We will contact you once every year in order to verify that you wish us to continue to contact you in this way.
We therefore hold your information for these purposes with your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients of Your Personal Data
Greentech Apps Foundation does not sell, give, transfer or otherwise use your personal data other than for the purposes mentioned above.
In order to enable us to receive personal data for the specified purposes, we may provide your identity to a number of services that automate your data, we have carefully selected these services in a manner that is compliant with the regulation (see Automated Decision Making).
Greentech Apps Foundation does not send your personal information outside of the European Union. If any of the services does this then they are obliged to explain this to you.
We are also obliged to explain to you your rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. These are:
- The right to request from Greentech Apps Foundation a copy of your personal information as it is held by us. There is normally no charge for us doing this.
- The right to request Greentech Apps Foundation to correct any errors in the personal information that we hold about you. We may request some evidence to confirm that an error has been made.
- The right to ask Greentech Apps Foundation to erase any personal data that Greentech Apps Foundation holds on you (although that right does not apply where Greentech Apps Foundation has a legal obligation to retain it).
- The right to ask Greentech Apps Foundation to restrict (suspend) processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to Greentech Apps Foundation processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- The right to ask Greentech Apps Foundation to provide a copy of the personal data that were obtained from you in a portable machine-readable format and to ask us to send that copy to another data controller.
- Where you have given your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do this, the withdrawal of consent does not affect Greentech Apps Foundation’s legal obligation to retain certain information such as for the purpose of keeping taxation records and it does not act retrospectively.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority (regulator). Greentech Apps Foundation invites you to make any complaint directly to the Data Processing Manager in the first instance but you have the right to complain to the regulator at any time. In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland the supervisory authority (regulator) is the Information Commissioner and the further details can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
Automated Decision Making
The following are the automated decisions or profiling that is carried out using your personal data, with an explanation to the reason and the logic involved, as well as the consequences of processing your personal data in this way: Greentech Apps Foundation may use MailChimp, if you have signed up to receive updates or fundraising emails. After signing up, mailchimp will send you an automated email confirming your signup to an Greentech Apps Foundation list. If you have donated to Greentech Apps Foundation you will receive an automated receipt for your donation from DonorBox. Greentech Apps Foundation may use Google Firebase to sync your bookmarks and notes from our apps. Greentech Apps Foundation may use Google Play Services to provide device specific information when you are using our applications through Google Play. Your email may be used by Greentech Apps Foundation to find similar people on facebook to seek compliant ways to elicit their support. Facebook uses your email to find your profile and then automatically looks for similar profiles. The above services that are involved in automating your data are GDPR compliant.
Greentech Apps Foundation does not and does not intend to process your personal information for any purposes other than those described in this notice and for which you have given your consent or where Greentech Apps Foundation has a legal obligation to do so.
Greentech Apps Foundation hopes that this notice explains how we will use the personal information that you have supplied to us and assures you that we are treating you fairly and lawfully. If you have any concerns or complaints, please do not hesitate to contact Greentech Apps Foundation via the details above. Nothing in this documents seeks to or should be taken to override any statutory rights that apply to you.
Last updated November 2020