Prophet Muhammad ﷺ is the most important person we should know more about in our history. His life's story is filled with moments of triumph and moments of tragedy. The Seerah is a comprehensive collection of narratives about the life, virtues, and teachings of our Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. Muslims need to know about his life and teachings to understand who he was and what he taught. The Seerah also helps Muslims understand how to behave towards others and why they should worship Allah.
Why is it important to study the Seerah?
When we study the Seerah, we study the life of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. We learn about his character and his example. We also learn about the lessons that he taught us. By studying the Seerah, we develop a strong Muslim identity.
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ taught us about Allah and how to worship Him. He taught us to be good to our parents, neighbors, and friends. He taught us to be honest and always speak the truth. These are just some of the lessons that we learn from the Seerah.
Learn about Islam's history by studying the Seerah! The Prophet's life is more than a biography; it is the history of Islam, your Deen. His Seerah contains situations that will assist you in learning everything you need to know in your daily life. We were taught the Seerah of Rasoolullah like we were taught a surah from the Qur'an, said Ali bin Hussain ibn Ali bin Abi Talib.
Study the Seerah to get love in your heart, not just your lips. Loving the prophet is an act of Ibadah-worship and everything you do to cultivate this love will be a source of reward for you! The more you get to know him, the more you'll be impressed by his personality, and the more you'll love him. In the Qur'an, Allah 'azza wa jal commanded us to follow the example of a person with such an inspiring character: "Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much." [Quran, 33:21]
To understand the Qur'an, study the Seerah. We could not understand Allah's Book unless we had complete knowledge of the Seerah. The Ayaat (verses) in the Qur'an about the Akhirah is independent of the circumstances. However, some Ayaat deal with events during the prophet's time; to fully comprehend the meanings of these Ayaat, the Seerah is required. Furthermore, certain Qur'anic commands are applied in the Prophet's life for us to learn how to practice them, such as how to perform wudu in detail!
To better worship Allah, learn the Seerah. You're not doing this to amuse yourself. There is 'ajr (reward) in doing so. By studying the life of Allah's prophet ﷺ, you are worshipping Allah. Allah 'azza wa jal says: “Say, “If you love Allah then follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: for Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”” [Quran, 3:31]
To form a Muslim identity, study the Seerah. According to a well-known Russian historian, to destroy a people, its roots must be severed. That is exactly what is happening to us. We're going through a serious identity crisis. We practice Islam by praying, fasting, and so on, but our true identity is frequently lost. How else can we explain why most of our children have more in common with a television personality or a famous athlete than with the prophet's companions?
How can we study the Seerah?
There are many ways in which we can study the Seerah. We can read books or listen to lectures about the Seerah. We can also use apps to learn about his life. With the rise of technology, apps are one of the most popular ways to access information, especially on your phone. However, with the current state of the apps related to Seerah, they have focused primarily on providing a book-reading experience. What existing products fail to address is making it easy to learn wisdom & rulings from the events along with interactiveness and utilization of modern features such as Bookmark, Notes, Maps, Quiz, Stats, etc.
Our Seerah app is an interactive app that allows readers to experience the Prophet’s ﷺ life in a way that is not possible through traditional books. We want to provide a variety of features that will make learning and contextualizing the life of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ in an engaging way possible. The app will allow the user to study each period of the life of the Prophet ﷺ in a way that will be challenging, interactive, and engaging. It will also address the gaps mentioned by providing a study tool focusing on learning, interactivity, and interconnecting with our other apps.
Here are the features you get:
Learn about the Life of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, from the day he ﷺ was born until the day he ﷺ died, Arab’s prior history, lessons from events, quick summaries and more from this beautiful app.
● Features the award-winning book on the Biography of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ Ar-Raheequl Makhtum or Sealed Nectar by Sheikh Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri
● Also features the contents from the Prophetic Timeline project by MRDF (Muslim Research & Development Foundation) presenting a summarised account of the Prophet Muhammad’s ﷺ life.
● Beautiful Modern User Interface
● Life Events in chronological order divided into Eras
● Summary of Key Information: List of Famous Battles, Wives of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, Notable Conversions, and more
● Lessons and Wisdoms: Benefit from the deeper meanings, wisdom, and lessons extracted from important historical events
● Edicts & Rulings: Helps us apply lessons to our own lives
● Multiple books: Choose any book to your liking, with more coming on the way in sha Allah
● Search: It also provides a way to quickly skim through the Seerah to find an event, lesson or summary that you would like to review
● No Ads
Some of our users are already making this part of their study tool for Seerah.
Here’s what they are saying:
- Though I already have the Sealed Nectar book yet so excited to see this App, I trust Greentech fully cause I already have Al-Qur’an and it’s a fine work from greentech, May Allah SWT reward you.
- I like all the Greentech App because everything is clean and clear and organized in a manner that every one could understand it easily with excellent design.
- Exactly what I was looking for. May Allah grant you jannah for your good work.
- This app is amazing. Haven’t run across any issues yet, the app is working smoothly for me. Really grateful for the works u guys have put in.
- I give it 5 stars because this will be help me on my studies and i’m expecting for a good quality :) May Allah blessed the persons behind this wonderful apps
- Asalamu ’aleykom wa Rahamatollahi wa Barakato. I’ve been waiting for this, it just came out so I didn’t read everything yet but with the different books that we can choose from and the quality of your others app I can say that I am very happy and pleased with that. I hope there will be more book added later in different languages also. I give you five stars to support your work so that more people can see this app Incha’Allah. May Allah reward you all for your hard work. Barakallahu fikum.
Please stay tuned and subscribe to us to get notified about our upcoming features
- More Themes
- Maps and Illustrations
- Seerah in Bangla and Urdu in sha Allah
We want to make this a platform that we can scale and add different Islamic histories, in sha Allah! There can be multiple timelines added further down the line such as Prophetic Timeline, Sahaba (RA) Caliphate Timeline, etc.
Download Now on your phone and share with your Friends and Family
We hope you enjoyed our blog post on the life of the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. If you’d like more information about the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, we highly recommend downloading this app by clicking here. We hope that you will continue reading about the life of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ on our app!
Share and Recommend this app to your friends and family. May Allah bless all of us in this world and the hereafter, Ameen!
“Whoever calls people to the right guidance will have a reward like that of those who follow him...” - Sahih Muslim, Hadith 2674
- Ar Raheequl Makhtum book by Sheikh Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri
- MRDF (Muslim Research & Development Foundation) for their Prophetic Timeline project contents
- Various brothers & sisters helping with the project. May Allah bless them all!
- Some of the benefits are taken from here.